Frances Black runs Scottish Ancestor based in the Kingdom of Fife
Frances has been involved with Scottish Family Research for over 25 years and has help clients trace their families in Fife and beyond. She started by researching her own family in Wigtownshire in South West Scotland and her husband’s family in West Lothian and Lanark. However, over 15 years ago she set up in business, helping clients from all over the world, most of whom she is still in contact with to come and discover where their Ancestors came from, and helping them discover the rich Heritage of Scotland. To start with, her business was mainly researching family trees, however, having taken various clients on Ancestral Tours she decided to concentrate on that side of the business. She plans itineraries and loves creating a unique experience for clients when they come to Scotland. This is a part of the business she really enjoys – to see the excitement, and emotion during their Tour is a real privilege.
In her non-genealogy life, she is a farmer’s wife, originally from Airyolland Farm, near Port William, in Wigtownshire. The family moved to Airdrie Farm near Anstruther in 1952. Then she moved to Braeside of Lindores Farm just outside Newburgh, Fife when she got married. Her Interests are helping out with Fife Family History Society (she is Chairman of at present), enjoying time with the family including 5 grandchildren, gardening, touring Scotland and golf. She also helps out on the farm when needed, especially at busy times like lambing or with “Lindores – Ride, Relax” the farm’s diversification where people bring their horses to train, come on horse,biking or shooting holidays, or just relax in three of our lodges see https://.lindores.co.uk for more information. This accommodation can be booked in conjunction with your Ancestral Tour.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Genealogical Studies from Strathclyde University
- Vice Chairman of Cupar and North Fife Tourism
- Fife Family History Society – Chairman
- Association of Professional Genealogists (I adhere to their code of practice, ensuring clients work is carried out to a high professional standard)
- Scottish Genealogy Network – a group of Professional Genealogy Researchers
- Visit Scotland’s Ancestral Scotland Welcome Scheme
- Dumfries and Galloway Family History Society
- Lanarkshire Family History Society
There is nowhere in the world like Scotland! Come and “Walk in the Footsteps of your Ancestors”.