Frances Black runs Scottish Ancestor based in the Kingdom of Fife
I have been involved with Scottish Family Research for over 30 years. Tracing families for clients in Fife and beyond. I started by researching my own family in Wigtownshire in South West Scotland and also Liverpool. Then I started on my husband’s family in West Lothian and Lanark. However, over 15 years ago I set up in business, helping clients from all over the world to come and discover where their Ancestors came from, and helping them discover the rich Heritage of Scotland.
In my non-genealogy life, I am a farmer’s wife, originally from Airyolland Farm, near Port William, in Wigtownshire. The family moved to Airdrie Farm near Anstruther, Fife in 1952. I then moved to Braeside of Lindores just outside Newburgh, Fife when I got married. My Interests are enjoying time with my 5 grandchildren, gardening, travel and golf. A country “girl” at heart, I love helping out on the farm when needed, especially at busy times like lambing. “Lindores – Ride, Relax” is the farm’s diversification, run by my daughter-in-law Anna, where people bring their horses to train, come on horse, biking or shooting holidays, or just relax in one of our lodges see https://lindores.co.uk for more information. This accommodation can be booked in conjunction with your Ancestral Visit.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Genealogical Studies from Strathclyde University
- Scottish Genealogy Network – a group of Professional Genealogy Researchers
- Visit Scotland’s Ancestral Scotland Welcome Scheme
- Dumfries and Galloway Family History Society member
- Fife Family History Society member
- Lanarkshire Family History Society member
- West Lothian Family History Society member
There is nowhere in the world like Scotland! Come and “Walk in the Footsteps of your Ancestors”.