Frances Black runs Scottish Ancestor based in the Kingdom of Fife
Frances has been involved with Scottish Family Research for over 25 years and has help clients trace their families in Fife and beyond. She started by researching her own family in Wigtownshire in South West Scotland and Liverpool and her husband’s family in West Lothian and Lanark. However, over 15 years ago she set up in business, helping clients from all over the world, most of whom she is still in contact with to come and discover where their Ancestors came from, and helping them discover the rich Heritage of Scotland.
In her non-genealogy life, she is a farmer’s wife, originally from Airyolland Farm, near Port William, in Wigtownshire. The family moved to Airdrie Farm near Anstruther in 1952. Then she moved to Braeside of Lindores Farm just outside Newburgh, Fife when she got married. Her Interests are helping out with Fife Family History Society (she is Chairman of at present), enjoying time with the family including 5 grandchildren, gardening, touring Scotland and golf. A country “girl” at heart, she also helps out on the farm when needed, especially at busy times like lambing or with “Lindores – Ride, Relax” the farm’s diversification where people bring their horses to train, come on horse, biking or shooting holidays, or just relax in three of our lodges see https://.lindores.co.uk for more information. This accommodation can be booked in conjunction with your Ancestral Visit
- Postgraduate Certificate in Genealogical Studies from Strathclyde University
- Association of Professional Genealogists (I adhere to their code of practice, ensuring clients work is carried out to a high professional standard)
- Scottish Genealogy Network – a group of Professional Genealogy Researchers
- Visit Scotland’s Ancestral Scotland Welcome Scheme
- Dumfries and Galloway Family History Society member
- Lanarkshire Family History Society member
There is nowhere in the world like Scotland! Come and “Walk in the Footsteps of your Ancestors”.